At Hahnemann, you’ll find:
- Support for your childbirth choices, including natural childbirth options
- Advanced maternity facility designed with comfort and privacy in mind
- A 16-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit, providing specialized care for babies who need 24/7 care
Everything You Might Need, All Right Here
Welcoming a new addition to the family is one of the most special events in life. At Hahnemann University Hospital, our goal is always to maintain safe, healthy deliveries while keeping you, your baby and your family and friends comfortable and informed.
Hahnemann has helped bring generations of Philadelphians into the world and offers expertise in low- and high-risk situations. Whether you choose natural childbirth or need medical intervention, we are here to support you through the labor process.
Our maternity facility occupies a floor of the North and South Towers, providing advanced technology, inviting décor and is designed with comfort and privacy in mind. Our Obstetrics unit features:
- Three private triage rooms (evaluation and assessment)
- Seven labor and delivery rooms (a Jacuzzi is located in one room)
- 17 postpartum rooms, many of which are private
- A 16-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- A well-baby nursery
At Hahnemann, you can rest easy knowing our staff is here to help at a moment’s notice. We have obstetricians, perinatologists, neonatologists, anesthesiologists, midwives and nurses on hand to help any time you need it. Our anesthesiologists specialize in maternity and provide customized pain management services for each mother. We’re also able to provide advanced care to women who experience complications during labor and may require a cesarean section.
Our Center for Genetics and Fetal Medicine offers counseling, consultation and management for women with high-risk pregnancies. Our team of doctors specializes in reproductive genetics and provides prenatal diagnostic and therapeutic modalities, including amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, carrier testing, ultrasound, fetal blood sampling and other screening procedures.
Schedule a Tour
To learn more about obstetrics and gynecology at Hahnemann University Hospital or to schedule your tour, call us at (866) 484-2478.