At our two Philadelphia locations, our dermatologists specialize in:
- Treating skin cancers, including cutaneous T-cell lymphoma
- Using advanced treatments, such as phototherapy (light therapy) and Mohs surgery for precise treatment
Advanced Dermatological Treatments
Your skin is your most important accessory — you wear it every day! Dermatologists affiliated with Hahnemann University Hospital help you to make sure your skin, hair and nails are as healthy as possible. We treat common ailments, such as athlete’s foot and acne; more complicated cases of melanoma (skin cancer); and provide cosmetic procedures to help you look your best.
The Hahnemann Department of Dermatology specializes in:
- Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL) is a rare type of lymphocytic cancer in which certain cells of the lymphatic system, called T-lymphocytes or T-cells, become cancerous (malignant) and affect the skin.
- Phototherapy is a treatment done by exposing the skin to ultraviolet light on a consistent basis and under medical supervision. Therapies are done in a doctor’s office, and are commonly used to treat psoriasis.
- Mohs surgery is a minimally invasive surgical procedure used to treat dermatologic malignancies (skin cancers) and may allow for less damage to nearby healthy skin. Mohs surgery can be done anywhere on the body, but is commonly used for skin cancers on the eyelids, nose, lips, and any sensitive location on the body that would have a higher risk of complications with regular surgical excision.
- Dermatopathology is a consultative service for referring dermatologists. Dermatopathologists interpret microscopic biopsies in order to plan appropriate treatment regimens for patients.
Dermatology Locations in Philadelphia
If you’d like to make an appointment at Hahnemann’s affiliated practice, please call (215) 762-5550.
Center City Office
219 North Broad Street, 4th floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Phone: (215) 762-5550
Fax: (215) 762-5570