Advanced Cancer Care Close To Home
Hahnemann University Hospital is dedicated to bringing the most advanced, knowledgeable cancer treatment to the Philadelphia community. Our commitment to cancer care and treatment includes:
- Our comprehensive cancer center includes the latest technology and a highly trained medical staff including board-certified oncologists who will design an individualized treatment plan for your healthcare needs.
- A multidisciplinary team of specialized doctors, nurses, dietitians and medical staff who coordinate your treatment and walk you through each step of the process.
- Advanced care includes diagnostics, treatment, symptom management, and physical and emotional support for you and your loved ones.
- Oncology experts provide minimally invasive treatment options that reduce side effects and improve outcomes.
Hahnemann University Hospital Cancer Center treats a wide range of cancer types including:
Our team works to provide healing for patients in a comfortable, calm and stress-free environment ideal for recovery. So many patients are choosing our hospital for their cancer care because:
- Hahnemann University Hospital is accredited by The Commission on Cancer (CoC), a program of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS), that recognizes cancer care programs for their commitment to providing comprehensive, high-quality, and multidisciplinary patient centered care.
- Our hospital has received the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, assuring your care is based on the highest standards of care. The achievement of such a prestigious accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) means you can be assured our cancer program is held to the highest standards of care for patients with diseases of the breast. We are dedicated to providing the most efficient and contemporary breast care using scientific evidence about what works best for patients.
- Hahnemann has extensive experience in bone marrow transplants, having performed one of the region's first bone marrow transplants in 1976. A key part of medical oncology at Hahnemann is our Bone Marrow Transplant Program. We provide bone marrow transplant as a treatment for many hematologic diseases and offer all four types: allogeneic, autologous, peripheral blood stem cell and unrelated donor patients.
- Hahnemann is also capable of providing “mini-transplants” for older patient with hematologic malignancies.
- The Surgical Oncology Program at Hahnemann University Hospital works closely with members of the cancer team at Hahnemann to focus primarily on breast cancer, endocrine tumors, thyroid and pituitary tumors, and gastrointestinal tumors (such as stomach, pancreas, liver, small and large bowel, soft tissue or sarcomas of the abdomen and GI tract).
Cancer is a journey that doesn’t have to be taken alone. Hahnemann University Hospital is leading the way in advanced cancer treatment and we are here to provide you with the highest level of compassionate medical care.
You can learn more about cancer treatment at Hahnemann University Hospital or schedule an appointment with a Hahnemann cancer specialist by calling 866-884-4HUH (4484). To find a cancer specialist, use our online Physician Search tool to find the right doctor for you.