Generations of Philadelphians began life at Hahnemann University Hospital. We have brought thousands of babies into the world with the understanding that each family has its own individual needs.
Now, in our new maternity facility, mothers can deliver their babies with the added confidence that they and their newborns have the benefit of some of the finest technology and medical treatment, all in a warm, home-like setting.
As part of an established university hospital, we also have access to advanced treatments and services for women with pregnancies complicated by pre-existing medical conditions as well as sophisticated technology for high-risk newborns in our neonatal intensive care nursery.
High Tech/High Touch
The OB and newborn 33,000-square-foot unit occupies an floor of the North and South Towers. In addition to advanced technology, families mothers can enjoy the inviting new décor, all designed with comfort, intimacy and privacy in mind. Our new unit features:
· 3 private triage rooms (evaluation and assessment)
· 7 labor and delivery rooms (a Jacuzzi is located in one room)
· 17 post-partum rooms, many of which are private
· 16-bed Level III intensive care nursery (NICU)
· Well-baby nursery
Our private birthing suites offer new mothers a relaxing atmosphere with fully adjustable beds and rocking chairs. The warm oak wood furniture is accented with mauve and burgundy upholstery and detailing. Walls are decorated with original art work by local artists. Here in our OB-newborn unit, new parents can enjoy comfort as well as the assurance that they are receiving high quality care.
What You Can Depend On
· Expert Care-Hahnemann's staff includes obstetricians, perinatologists, neonatologists, anesthesiologists, infertility specialists, midwives and nurses. Our recently opened Center for Genetics and Fetal Medicine offers counseling, consultation and management for women with high-risk pregnancies. Our renowned team of physicians specializes in reproductive genetics. Prenatal diagnostic and therapeutic modalities, including amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, carrier testing, ultrasound, fetal blood sampling and other screening procedures, are available.
· Comprehensive surgical facilities-We can provide advanced care to women who experience complications during pregnancy and may require a cesarean section. Anesthesiologists who specialize in maternity are available 24 hours a day. Our sophisticated pain management services are customized to meet the needs of each new mother.
· Intensive Care Nursery-Our Level III neonatal intensive care nursery (NICU) has a staff of experienced physicians (neonatologists) and nurses who are specially trained in the care of critically ill newborns. In the event of an emergency, we can help you and your baby by providing specialized care. If needed, pediatric sub-specialty services are available through our affiliate, St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, where specialists are on call 24 hours a day for infants with difficult medical circumstances, including cardiac and surgical conditions.
For more information, call 866=484-2478 (HUH BIRTH)
Terms And Conditions
Notice of Privacy Practices
Hahnemann University Hospital | 230 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19102
© 2002-2014 Hahnemann University Hospital, All Rights Reserved.